The Society of St. Stephen is a community assistance ministry. It is led and staffed by a team of volunteers committed to ongoing ministry with those in need.
“They asked only one thing, that we remember the poor, which was actually what I was eager to do.” Galatians 2:10
What we do
- Open the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month from 9 am to 11 am
- Provide food at no cost and, in some cases, limited financial assistance for utilities
- Lead annual ministry providing food bags for Thanksgiving holiday dinner
- Lead annual Christmas Heart ministry providing age-specific gifts for community children
How we do it
- We are ministry of St. Mark Church in partnership with Feeding the Gulf Coast
- We receive monetary and food donations from individuals and organizations
- Our team of servant volunteers organizes, packs, and distributes food and engages in grace-filled ministry with our clients
You can help
- Join our team of volunteers. Call the church office at (251) 342-5861 to find out how.
- Donate food items or make a financial contribution. Gifts to St. Mark Church marked “St. Stephen” are tax deductible.